Spiders have different effects on different people, ranging from a simple nuisance to a genuine fear that can be paralyzing. While spiders play an important role in the cycle of life, this doesn’t mean they need to be a problem in your home. Spider control is often considerably simpler than most homeowners believe.
While most spiders prefer the outdoors, you may occasionally find one inside your home looking for shelter or food. The easiest way to deal with spiders is to simply keep them out of your home, but once they are inside, you may need the services of a licensed pest control company to deal with an infestation or nesting problem.
Seal Your Home
Sealing your home allows you to prevent spiders from entering through doors, windows and cracks. Patch any holes or cracks that lead from outside into the interior of your home.
- Cover chimneys and vents with insect screens made of fine mesh.
- Fix or replace window screens that are torn, as spiders can come inside the home through tiny holes.
- Fill in gaps of space in windows and doors with caulk.
- Apply caulk around faucets, cables, wires, and any other electrical components that run to the outside of your home.
Sealing up any holes in your home can go a long way toward keeping the inside free of spiders.
Common Pest Control Techniques
Once the spiders are in your home, there are several ways to get rid of them. Although many of these are effective, the best way to ensure that your home is spider free is to call a pest control company like Planet Orange to perform an inspection.
- Vacuum webs and spiders when removing just a few spiders.
- Use glue boards underneath furniture, in dark corners, and next to doors and windows to attract and trap spiders.
When you notice a spider problem in your home, it’s almost always safest to call a professional exterminator to determine if the problem is serious and how it should be treated. Many sprays and common pesticides on sale to the public can be harmful to your home or your family when not used correctly. Our licensed exterminators are trained regularly and also use eco friendly pest control products that protect you and your home without with potentially dangerous side effects.
Call a Professional
If you’re seeing more Spiders in your home in Fall, this article from USA Today may suggest why! Call us today at Planet Orange to learn more about how to get rid of spiders. We’ll send a professional to your home to ensure that your family is protected.